WHEEL HOUSE POSTER
The wheelhouse poster is to be permanently displayed in the wheelhouse.
The following information for turning and emergency stopping maneuvers are required to be posted on the navigation bridge. The information on turning includes:
• Expected turn trajectory of the center of gravity and another point furthest from it.
• These trajectories must be shown in a rectangular coordinate system with the origin at the point where the rudder was deflected. Length units are cables.
• Time and speed when the vessel turns 90, 180, 270, and 360 degrees from the original course.
The following information on emergency stopping maneuvers is to be available:
• Trajectories of full astern stopping maneuvers plotted along with turning (maximum rudder).
• Diagram of the stopping characteristics, including information on track reach (distance traveled), speed and time to stop for approach speeds corresponding to slow ahead, half ahead, full ahead, and full sea ahead.
• Full astern maneuvering is to be presented with the envelope (a line connecting all the possible vessel-dead-in-the-water positions).
All the above information is to be presented for full load conditions.
If an optional class notation is requested on the basis of sea trials in full load conditions, the above information is to be based on full-scale sea trials.
If an optional class notation is requested on the basis of maneuvering prediction, the above information is to be based on maneuvering prediction.