1. In a vessel of 8800 tonnes displacement and KG 6.2m, 200 tonnes of cargo was loaded in the lower hold 1.7m above the keel. Find the final KG.
Weight = 8800t, Original KG =6.2m, Cargo loaded = 200t, KG = 1.7m
Final W – 9000 t Final VM 54900 tm
Final KG = (Final VM/ Final W) Final KG = (54900 / 9000) = 6.1m
Here ‘VM’ stands for vertical moments.
2. 600 tonnes of cargo were discharged from a vessel from the upper 11m above the keel. In the original KG displacement were 6m and 12600 tonnes, calculate the KG.
Given:- Weight =12600 t Original KG =6m Cargo discharged = 600 t,
Cargo discharge 11 m above the keel
Final Weight =12000 t Final VM =69000tm
Final KG = (Final VM / Final Weight)
Final KG = ( 69,000 / 12000)
3. In a vessel of 9900 tonnes displacement and KG 4m, a heavy lift of 100 tonnes is loaded on the UD (KG 15m ). Find the final KG
Final W 10000t Final VM =41000tm
Final KG = (Final VM / Final Weight) Final KG = ( 41000 / 10000 ) = 4.11m.
4. 500 tonnes of cargo of discharge from the lower the lower hold (KG 3m ) of a vessel whose displacement and KG before discharging were 11500 tonnes and 6.3m . Find the final KG.
Weight = 11500t Initial KG = 6.3m Cargo discharged = 500t, KG =3m
Final W =11000t Final VM =70950tm
Final KG = (Final VM / Final Weight) Final KG = (70,950/11000) =6.45m
5. 500 tonnes of cargo was shifted 15 meters vertically downwards in a vessel of 10000 tonnes displacement. Find the effect it has on the KG of the vessel and whether KG increases or decreases.