A ship of displacement 2000t and KG 4.2m, loads 300t 0f cargo (KG 2.0m ), 200t of cargo (KG 3.2m) and 500t of bunkers ( KG 0m ). Find her final KG.
Final W = 300t Final VM = 10140 tm
Final KG = (Final VM) / (Final W) Final KG = 10140 / 3000 = 3.38m
2. A ship of displacement 3000t and KG 3.9m, loads cargo and follows :- 200t in N0.1 LH ( KG 3.0m )300t on the deck ( KG 6.4m ),150t and NO.3 TD (KG 5.2m ) and 350t in NO.4 LH (KG 4.0m ). Find the final KG .
Final W = 4000 t Final VM = 16400 tm
Final KG = (Final VM) / (Final W) Final KG = (16400/4000) = 4.1m
3. A ship of load displacement 10,000 t, KG 6.0m, discharge cargo of 250t ( KG 3.0m ) and 150t ( KG 4.0m). Find her final KG.
Final W = 9600t Final VM = 58650 tm
Final KG = (Final VM) / (Final W) Final KG = (58650 / 9600) = 6.109m.
5. Ship of 2000t displacement of KG 3.66m , loads 1500t( KG5.5m ) 3500t (KG 4.60m ), and takes 1520t of bunkers (KG 0.60m ). She discharge 2000t cargo ( KG 2.44m ). and consume 900t of bunkers ( KG 0.40m ). Find the KG at the and of the voyage.
Final W = 5620t Final VM = 27342tm
Final KG = (Final VM) / (Final W) Final KG = (27342) / (5620) = 4.865m
6. A ship of 3200t displacement KG 6.2m , loads 5200t of cargo (KG 4.8 ). Find the amount of deck cargo (KG 10.2m ) that can be loaded so that the KG shall be 6.0m when loading is completed .
Final W = (8400 + X )t Final VM =(44800 +10X);
Final KG = (Final VM) / (Final W) 6 = (44800 + 10X )/( 8400 + X) 6 (8400 + X ) = ( 44800 +10X) (50400 + 6X ) = (10X + 44800) ( 10X – 6X) = (50400 – 44800) 4X = 5600 X = 1400t
Hence , amount of deck cargo to be loaded to get required KG is 1400 t
7. A ship 0f 2600t displacement , KG 4.88m, loads of 4600 t of homogeneous cargo (KG 5.0m ). Find how much deck cargo (KG 10m ) may be loaded to obtain a final KG of 5.11m.